The Most Important Item On Your Page
Pay special attention to the title of your page. It should be descriptive, and should have one or two of your most important keywords in it. Remember that the title is not only important in keyword ranking, but it is what most search engine listings will show when your site comes up in a search.
The title is the text on a web page that comes between the <TITLE> and </TITLE> tags.
- Keep the title relatively short. No more than one sentence.
- Use a descriptive title that makes sense.
- Put your product of company name in the title.
- Use your main keyword or phrase as close to the beginning as possible, while making the title read well to a human.
- List a bunch of keywords. The title should read like a chapter title.
- Use the same title on multiple pages in your site.
- Make your title longer than one line of text.
- Use too many keywords in the title.